passei pro Inglês mas não revisei.
dêem aí uma revisada e corrijam qalquer erro.
acredito que fiz minha parte.
Brazil, xxxxxx, 2012
Dear Mandriva S.A.
This e-mail was written by some active members from the Brazilian Mandriva Linux users community.
Our community has today more than 10 thousand registered members and it is a very reputable one in Brazilian open source world.
Our community is composed by people from many different areas, connected to technology or not, and anytime it is possible, we perform some projects like the ones listed below:
DOCS → http://docs.mandriva-br.org/;
Sending CDs and DVDs to people without a good broadband internet connection → http://docs.mandriva-br.org/mandriva/lista_de_voluntarios_para_doacao_de_dvds_e_cds_do_mandriva_linux
Twitter Profile → http://twitter.com/#
Among others, these items below are the ones we consider necessary to the Mandriva development.
1. To adopt the delta rpm, in order to make it easier for the system updates;
2. Two distro versions, one with the latest versions (must have the latest software packages and the further must be focused on innovation rather than only update) and another more conservative one, like Ubuntu LTS
3.To keep also offering a version with the traditional installer (graphical and text modes), used in Mandriva Free and Powerpack.
4. To raise a foundation for the development of Mandriva's free products, similar to OpenSuse and Fedora, with a fair participation such as from Mandriva as from the users and developers community. That way, there would be more transparency on the decision around the distro courses to take and Mandriva itself could focus more on the corporative products.
5. To offer development tools and tutorials for the generations of personalized ISO instalation files.
6. To offer also Mandriva One amd64 ISO files;
7. To Officially support the following graphical environments: KDE 4, Gnome 3 (or, even better, Cinamon (http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/
) used in Linux Mint and a lighter one (like LXDE) to be used by old computers. Other enviroments and window managers would still be offered, but in the contrib media.
8. To Start offering Mandriva Linux users manual again, more updated and complete, like the ones previously offered by the time of Conectiva Linux.
9. To use Kikoff as ths standard official menu in the next versions of Mandriva, or allow the user to choose between it or the Rosa one during the installation process.
10. To keep the innovation pace Mandriva 2011 provided.
11. A Bugzilla Mandriva in the following languages: Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian, French and English.
12. An updated and available in many languages (the ones listed on item 11) Mandriva Wiki with the purpose of replacing the paper manuals and making them available ind digital formats (PDF, ODT and EPUB) which will always be available and updated on the Wiki.
13. A Mandriva official representative as a member in different community discussion forums to follow side by side with the users, the distro evolution and acceptance.
14. Urgent and priority development of a distro, Educational Mandriva, directed to the human development of children from public and private schools.
15. Synchronization services in the cloud. (Mandriva Synch)
16. An App Store with booth free and shareware products.
17. Proper LPI.
18. Beyond ISO files, also offer IMG files to be used with USB unities.
19. To keep the development of the MCC, the current, no matter how good it looks, needs updates.
21. MCC needs to allow the user to make as many as possible kinds of configuration, like OpenSuse's Yast, avoiding the use of a terminal from an inexperienced user, the terminal obviously will still be available.
24. To create a permanent open communication channel where users from around the world can cope with ideas and opinions on the Mandriva Linux development and its new features.
25. To create training programs and practical tools to people interested in pack and maintain packs and programs.
26. The Mandriva Company needs to keep in touch with its users from all around the world. No user deserves to be without any kind of news about the company and its Linux distribution. Such communication can be done with regular posts from Mandriva.
27. A discount in the purchase of the Powerpack version for the community registered users.We believe, this way, the number of sales will increase.
28. To put some differential in the Powerpack, make it somehow better than the free version in order to increase it sales. (MAS ISSO JÁ NAO EH FEITO???)
We are here spreading Mandriva Linux and helping people switching to it from Windows, Mac or other Linux distros and we don't charge anything to do so. Officially we only got in touch with the company by Eugeni Dodonov and non-officially by “bedi”.
The company never seemed to concern about us e we have always concerned about it, we want to be noticed and we deserve a little of your attention, we just want to help in the best possible way, but, to make it be possible, Mandriva must change the way it treats the community.